Clare Three-Legged Stool was founded in 2003 to celebrate the poetic work of men and women from North, South, and East - the three "halves" of Clare. There are at present some 16 members in the group which, to date, has produced two anthologies, a broadsheet, and Hidden Burren, a photographic essay on North Clare by Ilsa Thielen accompanied by verse.
In association with Glór, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are proud to present their sixth season of readings for Winter 2013-14.
The readings will take place on the third Saturday of the month (unless otherwise stated) and will run from October to May.
The venue is Glór's Theatre 2 and starting time is 3pm.
Season 2013-2014 Readings
- Saturday 26th October 2013 - performance theme will be Hallowe'en / Samhain.
- Saturday 16th November 2013 - performance theme will be Relationships.
- Saturday 21st December 2013 - performance theme will be Christmas / Mid-Winter / Winter Solstice / Yule.
- Saturday 18th January 2014 - performance theme TBA.
- Saturday 15th February 2014 - performance theme will be Love.
- Date tba in March 2014 - a reading by members of 3-Leggèd Stool Poets as part of the Ennis Bookclub Festival.
- Saturday 15th March 2014 - performance theme TBA.
- Date tba in March 2014 - reading at The Forge in Gort Literary Festival.
- Saturday 19th April 2014 - performance theme TBA.
- Saturday 10th May 2014 - performance theme TBA.
- Date tba in May 2014 - a reading by members of 3-Leggèd Stool Poets as part of the Doolin Writers' Weekend.
Weekly Poetry Column
In conjunction with The Clare Champion, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are publishing a weekly poetry column which was launched in the 27th October 2011 edition of the newspaper. A different poet is featured each week.
Submissions are invited for consideration - detailed guidelines are available on the submission guidelines page.