Clare Three-Legged Stool was founded in 2003 to celebrate the poetic work of men and women from North, South, and East - the three "halves" of Clare. There are at present some 16 members in the group which, to date, has produced two anthologies, a broadsheet, and Hidden Burren, a photographic essay on North Clare by Ilsa Thielen accompanied by verse.
Summer 2013 Readings
- Arthur Watson read at the opening of his exhibition in The Riches of Clare Museum gallery on Saturday 6 July at 2.30pm.
- Martin Vernon, Arthur Watson, Joe Cronin, Karen J. McDonnell and Patrick Stack read in Barcode Bar, Ennis on Friday 19 July at 8.15pm as part of Oxjam - the Oxfam Syrian Appeal.
In association with Glór, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are proud to present their sixth season of readings for Winter 2013-14.
The readings will take place on the third Saturday of the month (unless otherwise stated) and will run from October to May.
The venue is Glór's Theatre 2 and starting time is 3.30pm.
We meet informally for a coffee and chat in Café Noir (in the foyer in Glór) from 2.15pm on.
Season 2013-2014 Readings
- Saturday 26th October 2013 - performance theme was Fear.
- Saturday 16th November 2013 - performance theme was Relationships.
- Saturday 21st December 2013 - launch of his new collection Alligator Days by Fred Johnston.
- Saturday 18th January 2014 - reading by members and audience.
- Saturday 15th February 2014 - performance theme will be Love.
- Saturday 8th March 2014 - a MUXZ and open-mic hosted by 3-Leggèd Stool Poets as part of the Ennis Bookclub Festival.
- Saturday 15th March 2014 - performance theme will be Spring.
- Saturday 12th April 2014 - performance theme will be Madness.
- Saturday 17th May 2014 - performance theme will be Beauty.
Weekly Poetry Column
In conjunction with The Clare Champion, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are publishing a weekly poetry column which was launched in the 27th October 2011 edition of the newspaper. A different poet is featured each week.
Submissions are invited for consideration - detailed guidelines are available on the submission guidelines page.