Clare Three-Legged Stool was founded in 2003 to celebrate the poetic work of men and women from North, South, and East - the three "halves" of Clare. There are at present some 16 members in the group which, to date, has produced two anthologies, a broadsheet, and Hidden Burren, a photographic essay on North Clare by Ilsa Thielen accompanied by verse.
In association with Glór, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are proud to present their fourth season of readings in Winter 2012-13.
The readings take place on the third Saturday of the month (unless otherwise stated) and run from October to May.
The venue is Glór's Theatre 2 and starting time is 3pm.
Season 2012-2013 Readings
- Saturday 29th September 2012 in Kilkee at 5pm - reading by members of the group for the Che Do Bheatha Latin-American Cultural Festival. Followed by open mic session.
- Saturday 20th October 2012 - guest poet Donald Gardner. Live music by Andrew Newland.
- Saturday 17th November 2012 - guest poets Joe Cronin and Peter Kay.
- Saturday 15th December 2012 - guest poets Thomas Moloney, Maeve Bradley and Jim Burke of the Limerick Writers' Centre.
- Saturday 12th January 2013 - guest poet Mike Douse.
- Saturday 19th January 2013 - some of the group will be reading at Shannonside Winter Music Weekend in the Courthouse, Sixmilebridge at 2pm.
- Saturday 16th February 2013 - guest poet Brian Mooney.
- Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Brian Mooney launches his pamphlet on The Caoineadh Revisited in Glór at 6pm as part of the Ennis Bookclub Festival.
- Saturday 16th March 2013 - guest poets Jinny Thomas and Martin Vernon.
- Saturday 30th March 2013 - reading at The Forge in Gort Literary Festival.
- Saturday 20th April 2013 - guest poet Patrick Stack launches his first collection entitled "The Parting."
- Saturday 11th May 2013 - guest poet Joe Healy.
- Saturday 25th May 2013 - readings by Arthur Watson, Patrick Stack and members of Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets at the Doolin Writers' Weekend.
Weekly Poetry Column
In conjunction with The Clare Champion, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are publishing a weekly poetry column which was launched in the 27th October 2011 edition of the newspaper. A different poet is featured each week.
Submissions are invited for consideration - detailed guidelines are available on the submission guidelines page.