Clare Three-Legged Stool was founded in 2003 to celebrate the poetic work of men and women from North, South, and East - the three "halves" of Clare. There are at present some 16 members in the group which, to date, has produced two anthologies, a broadsheet, and Hidden Burren, a photographic essay on North Clare accompanied by verse.
Clare Three-Leggéd Stool Poets has changed its name to the Poetry Collective for which a new site will be launched in the next few weeks (November-December 2015). The group no longer has any links with glór, nor does it run monthly public readings.
The last season of readings which took place in glór's Theatre 2 (unless otherwise stated) were as follows:
Season 2014-2015 Readings
- Friday 12th September 2014 - Techno MUXZ and open mic.
- Saturday 20th September 2014 - Lime Tree Theatre, Limerick Techno MUXZ.
- Friday 10th October 2014 - Haiku MUXZ and open mic.
- Friday 14th November 2014 - MUXZ and open mic.
- Friday 12th December 2014 - MUXZ and open mic.
- Friday 9th January 2015
- Friday 13th February 2015 - MUXZ (6 to 7.30pm).
- Saturday 14 February 2015 - The Record Break, Market Car Park, Ennis.
Valentine's night special at 8.00pm.
- Friday 6th March 2015 - Launch of To Be or Nought To Be Art-Poetry Exhibition in association with Ennis Bookclub Festival (6.30pm).
- Friday 20 March 2015 - MUXZ (6 to 7.30pm).
- Friday 24 April 2015 - MUXZ (6 to 7.30pm).
Weekly Poetry Column
In conjunction with The Clare Champion, Clare Three-Leggèd Stool Poets are publishing a weekly poetry column which was launched in the 27th October 2011 edition of the newspaper. A different poet is featured each week.
Submissions are invited for consideration - detailed guidelines are available on the submission guidelines page.